Daniele De Rossi scores on bittersweet Boca Juniors debut
On his debut for Boca Juniors, Daniele De Rossi opened the scoring against Almagro in the Copa Argentina but ended on the losing side in the penalty shoot-out.
Daniele De Rossi marked his Boca Juniors debut with a goal in what looked set to be a dream start to his career with the Argentine giants. The 36-year-old joined Boca last month after ending an 18-year stay with boyhood club Roma in Serie A.
Bittersweet start for De Rossi
The midfielder had an instant impact on his debut, heading in the opening goal against Almagro in the Copa Argentina on Tuesday. De Rossi got on the end of a corner from Alexis Mac Allister in the 28th minute to put Boca ahead at Estadio Ciudad de La Plata. However Juan Manuel Martínez levelled for the visitors with eight minutes to go and Almagro prevailed in the shoot-out, winning 1-3 on penalties to progress to the next round.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week