Daniele De Rossi scores on bittersweet Boca Juniors debut
On his debut for Boca Juniors, Daniele De Rossi opened the scoring against Almagro in the Copa Argentina but ended on the losing side in the penalty shoot-out.
Daniele De Rossi marked his Boca Juniors debut with a goal in what looked set to be a dream start to his career with the Argentine giants. The 36-year-old joined Boca last month after ending an 18-year stay with boyhood club Roma in Serie A.
Bittersweet start for De Rossi
The midfielder had an instant impact on his debut, heading in the opening goal against Almagro in the Copa Argentina on Tuesday. De Rossi got on the end of a corner from Alexis Mac Allister in the 28th minute to put Boca ahead at Estadio Ciudad de La Plata. However Juan Manuel Martínez levelled for the visitors with eight minutes to go and Almagro prevailed in the shoot-out, winning 1-3 on penalties to progress to the next round.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice