Eriksen: Juventus to take the Ramsey and Rabiot route
The Serie A champions are fast becoming the kings of the free transfer and added the Arsenal and PSG midfielders to their ranks for nothing this summer.
In recent years, Juventus have been very wily in the transfer market, mixing big-money signings like that of Cristiano Ronaldo with free transfers for Emre Can, Aaron Ramsey and Adrien Rabiot, the latter two midfielders joining this summer.
Now, the Old Lady is hoping to repeat the trick to land Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen on a free next summer. After a summer of half-hearted pursuit by Real Madrid, Eriksen has declined to sign a new contract at Spurs despite the offer a double-your-money deal on the table and it seems inevitable that the Denmark international will not remain in London beyond the end of the current season and barring any last-minute attempts to lure him away before the European transfer windows close – something that Mauricio Pochettino has alluded to – he will be free to talk to non-Premier Leagues in January.
Juve looking to play the Dane for free
That is where Juve plan to come in. Eriksen’s deal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium runs out next summer and he can agree a pre-contract with European sides in the New Year. Manchester United had been keeping an eye on developments with Madrid and Juve circling around Paul Pogba – although the latter was probably a smokescreen designed by his agent Mino Raiola to force Madrid’s hand - but cannot now add players to their squad, leading Juve to believe they can pull of another coup by acquiring the services of a player worth around €100m this summer for nothing in a year’s time.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?