Mike Tyson smokes "10 tons of weed a month"
The former heavyweight boxer revealed that he and his business partner, Eben Britton, smoke around $40,000 worth of pot a month at their cannibas ranch in California.
From heavyweight to 'heavyweed' champion, retired boxer Mike Tyson has garnered an enthusiasm for marijuana since hanging up his boxing gloves and smokes enough of the green stuff these days to put even Snoop Dog to shame.
Tyson has been one of the many entrepreneurs aiming to capitalize on the legal marijuana boom in the United States, breaking ground on his 40-acre cannabis resort known as Tyson Ranch in California earlier this year.
And in the recent episode of his podcast “Hotboxin with Mike Tyson”, the former heavyweight boxer revealed that he and his business partner, Eben Britton, smoke around $40,000 worth of pot a month at their ranch.
"We smoke ten tons of weed on the ranch a month,” said Britton, a former NFL offensive tackle who played for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears.
“Weed calms me down” - Tyson
The former boxer has been recently promoting his Tyson-branded cannabis at a number of industry events. Back in February, a video emerged of the 52-year-old smoking a foot-long joint next to Cypress Hill's B-Real at an event for the rapper's BREALTV.
“I like who I am when I smoke. You know what I mean?” Tyson said in an interview on the Joe Rogan Podcast a few months ago. “Without weed I don’t like who I am sometimes. It makes me nicer. It calms me down,” he told UFC commentator and comedian Rogan, who is also a well-known cannabis enthusiast.
Perhaps if Tyson had had a puff of the green stuff before his fight with Evander Holyfield back in November 1996, the latter might have left the ring with his ear intact.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu