Cristiano Ronaldo to sit out Juventus match at Villar Perosa
Juventus will not risk playing Cristiano Ronaldo in a practice match, with the 34-year-old suffering from a slight muscle fatigue.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not feature in an intra-squad practice match at Villar Perosa on Wednesday, Juventus have confirmed.
Juve are putting the finishing touches to their preparations for the new Serie A campaign, which begins against Parma on August 24.
Maurizio Sarri's side have no more friendlies coming up, but the squad will take part in a practice match at their traditional training camp at Villar Perosa, close to Turin.
Adductor fatigue causes Ronaldo to miss practice match
One player who will not feature is Ronaldo, who will train with the squad but not participate in the match due to slight fatigue to his left adductor.
. @Cristiano Ronaldo will be present today at #VillarPerosa , but will not participate in the practice match due to a slight fatigue to the left adductor. In the coming days differentiated activities will take place.— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) August 14, 2019
Ronaldo's fitness has been monitored closely throughout pre-season, with Sarri electing not to play the 34-year-old in an exhibition match against Team K League in Seoul on July 26, though the former Real Madrid star has featured in Juve's other outings.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year