Balotelli: Italy striker's Flamengo demands surprise Brazilians
The Italy striker had been courted by the Rio-based side but looks likely to remain in Europe after asking that they sign his brother as part of the deal.
Mario Balotelli is looking for a new club this summer after leaving Marseille and had been the subject of interest from Brazilian side Flamengo, until he made a couple of requests that the alma mater of Zico, Julio César and Júnior did not take too kindly to.
Firstly, Balotelli insisted that the club sign his brother Enock as part of the deal and guarantee him at least 10 games in Flamengo’s reserve side, Boavista, who play in Serie D.
Balotelli's salary demands a little rich for Flamengo
Secondly, Balotelli asked for an annual salary of 4.5 million euros over the course fo a two-year deal, a sum that few if any Brazilian top-flight players command.
Thusly, it seems more likely that the Italy striker will remain in Europe, with Brescia apparently willing to take the 29-year-old on. Whether or not the newly promoted Serie A side will also take Balotelli’s brother remains to be seen.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus: Pirlo not worried ahead of Barcelona clash as Bianconeri held again
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Isco's Zidane complaints caught on camera
- BARCELONA 1-3 REAL MADRID Barcelona complain about Martínez Munuera's refereeing in El Clásico
- Messi is the best in the world... Barca players must adapt to him - De Jong
- FOOTBALL Manchester City eye RB Leipzig's Nagelsmann - rumour has it
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang impressed with Arsenal newboy Thomas