Coentrao in limbo
The Portuguese full back, who finds himself without a club after his contract ended with Rio Ave, continues to train while he awaits the right opportunity.
Fabio Coentrao is currently not going through the best moment of his career.
The former Real Madrid full back has been out of contract since he left Rio Ave in the summer and is desperate to find a club. There have been links with Porto and he even travelled to Greece to sign with PAOK, a move on which he eventually pulled the plug.
And as he continues his search for the right opportunity, the 31 year-old said in an interview with Portugal's Record that he continues to train daily.
Asked about his future, the player replied: "My future begins with what I am doing. Train and keep fit to be ready to accept a new project. Let's see what is presented.”
Hard work and sacrifice to get to Real Madrid
Coentrao also recalled his childhood and how hard he worked hard to make it all the way to Real Madrid, a club he still considers the best club in the world.
“I wanted to have a football with me in bed. Everyone said I was great and that one day I would be a football player, but I never thought I'd get to where I am,” he said.
“Of course I dreamed of being a player, but it's not easy. I dreamed, but with a lot of work and sacrifice I managed to get to the best club in the world, which is Real Madrid."
The Portuguese defender revealed that when he retires from football he plans to devote himself to his other love: fishing, an industry in which he is already invested and in which he employs fifty people.
“Fishing is my favourite activity after football. It's a lot of money, a lot of work invested in a sector that I really like. Being a soccer player requires a lot of sacrifices,” he confessed.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Toronto FC eager to sign Santos Borré
- LIGA MX “Many things were said that are not true” - Roger Martínez
- REAL MADRID The New Bernabéu starts preparing for fans' return
- Barcelona Koeman unworried by how Sunday's Madrid derby turns out
- BARCELONA Barcelona seek a new president to lead them into a new era
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live