Kick It Out condemn racist abuse aimed at Chelsea striker Abraham
Tammy Abraham was allegedly racially abused after missing the decisive penalty in Chelsea's shoot-out defeat to Liverpool on Wednesday.
Kick It Out has condemned the "disgusting" alleged racist abuse aimed at Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham in the wake of Wednesday's UEFA Super Cup loss to Liverpool.
Abraham came on as a second-half sub in Istanbul and missed the deciding spot-kick as Liverpool prevailed 5-4 on penalties following a 2-2 draw after extra time.
Anti-discrimination body Kick It Out received reports of racism directed at the England international on social media and have called for action to be taken.
"Such abuse is now increasingly predictable, but no less disgusting," a spokesperson said.
"We send our support to Tammy and reiterate our call for Twitter and other social companies to clamp down on this level of abuse.
"This is a call to action - we want to know what they are going to do to tackle this insidious problem."
Abraham was making only his fourth appearance for Chelsea following spells on loan with Bristol City, Swansea City and Aston Villa.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?