Vinicius, Rodrygo, João Félix and De Ligt up for Golden Boy award
The two Real Madrid players are still in with a chnace of winning the award after Tuttosport whittled down the shortlist of candidates to 60.
Real Madrid's Vinicius and Rodrygo are still in with a chance of winning this year's Golden Boy award, an annual award presented by Tuttosport to the best player under the age of 21 playing in Europe. The Madrid pair feature in the list of candidates which has been whittled down from 80 to 60. Other candidates who have been strongly tipped to win the award are Juventus centre-back Matthijs De Ligt and Atlético de Madrid's João Félix.
In total, 10 players from the Spanish league figure in the new list - Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo, Valencia's Ferran Torres and Kang-in Lee, Betis' Diego Lainez,Real Sociedad's Alexander Isak, Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze and Valladolid loanee Andriy Lunin. Jordi Mboulá and Ferran Torres are the only Spanish players in the running for the award.
Premier League golden boys
There is also a strong challenge from the Premier League this year with 11 candidates including : Manchester United's Diogo Dalot, Arsenal pair Mattéo Guendouzi and Nelson, Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount, Manchester City's Phil Foden, Liverpool's Sepp van den Berg, Tottenham's Ryan Sessègnon, Everton's Moise Kean, Wolves' Morgan Gibbs-White and Watford's Tom Dele-Bashiru.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Camp Nou closure threat over Griezmann signing case
- Messi eyes Raul record, Mane out to go level with Drogba - Champions League in Opta numbers
- Champions League Napoli 'cheeky bastards' with two number sixes, jokes Klopp
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"