Vinicius, Rodrygo, João Félix and De Ligt up for Golden Boy award
The two Real Madrid players are still in with a chnace of winning the award after Tuttosport whittled down the shortlist of candidates to 60.
Real Madrid's Vinicius and Rodrygo are still in with a chance of winning this year's Golden Boy award, an annual award presented by Tuttosport to the best player under the age of 21 playing in Europe. The Madrid pair feature in the list of candidates which has been whittled down from 80 to 60. Other candidates who have been strongly tipped to win the award are Juventus centre-back Matthijs De Ligt and Atlético de Madrid's João Félix.
In total, 10 players from the Spanish league figure in the new list - Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo, Valencia's Ferran Torres and Kang-in Lee, Betis' Diego Lainez,Real Sociedad's Alexander Isak, Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze and Valladolid loanee Andriy Lunin. Jordi Mboulá and Ferran Torres are the only Spanish players in the running for the award.
Premier League golden boys
There is also a strong challenge from the Premier League this year with 11 candidates including : Manchester United's Diogo Dalot, Arsenal pair Mattéo Guendouzi and Nelson, Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount, Manchester City's Phil Foden, Liverpool's Sepp van den Berg, Tottenham's Ryan Sessègnon, Everton's Moise Kean, Wolves' Morgan Gibbs-White and Watford's Tom Dele-Bashiru.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live