Real Madrid's Vinicius set for Brazil call up against Colombia and Peru
Fox Sports report that Brazil coach Tite will name the Real Madrid forward in his squad for the September friendlies.
Real Madrid forward Vinicius will be called up by coach Tite for Brazil's friendlies against Colombia and Peru in September, according to FOX Sports Brasil journalist Benjamin Beck.
According to Beck, Tite will include Vinicius in his squad to be named this Friday, in midst of rumours about a possible move for Brazil and PSG player Neymar to Real Madrid, with the French outfit having asked for Vinicius as part of any deal that would see Neymar move to the Spanish capital.
Vinicius never in Tite's plans for Copa América
If Vinicius is called up he would have his chance to make his debut for the full Brazil side. The Madrid player was the Brazilian FA's (and Nike's) preferred choice to replace the injured Neymar for the Copa America this summer, however Tite frustrated their plans, preferring to bring in Chelsea's Willian Borges. What's more, according to sources consulted by this newspaper, Vinicius was never a possibility for Tite: his options to replace Neymar included Willian, Tottenham's Lucas Moura and Renato Augusto, currently plying his trade in China.
Vinicius has played for Brazil at Under-15, Under-17 and Under-20 level.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Club América retain second place after victory against Tigres UANL
- Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona Real Madrid: Benzema matches Cristiano Ronaldo scoring run
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA El Clásico: "Mendy fouled Braithwaite, it's a penalty" - Iturralde
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA Piqué confronts Gil Manzano, Modric ticks him off: "You've been waiting just to have a go at the ref"
- BARCELONA Barcelona still optimistic about title hopes despite Real Madrid defeat, says Koeman
- COVID-19 VACCINATION Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment