James and Bale included in Zidane's squad for Celta trip
James Rodríguez and Gareth Bale both make the list for the game against Celta, with Zidane needing to drop three players from the 22 on the day.
Zinedine Zidane has announced his first squad for the 2019-20 Liga season as Real Madrid head to Vigo on Saturday afternoon to take on Celta at Balaídos.
There are few surprises in the Frenchman’s list, but Gareth Bale and James Rodríguez are both named in among the initial 22 despite the club trying to offload both during the summer.
Luka Jovic is also included and could make his competitive debut in Vigo after not featuring too heavily in pre-season. Brahim Dáiz is included among the forwards along with Vinicius Junior, who has just been called up to the senior Brazil squad.
Fede Valverde is among the midfielders with Isco also included with Eden Hazard ruled out of the fixture with a thigh injury. At the back, Éder Militão makes his Liga bow with Nacho included as cover in the absence of the injured Ferland Mendy.
Youth keeper Diego Altube takes up his place as Madrid’s third choice keeper after the departures of Andriy Lunin and Luca Zidane.
Zidane will have to cut three players from the definitive match day squad of 19 on the day of the game (Saturday, 17:00 CEST).
Real Madrid squad for Celta Vigo:
Keepers: Navas, Courtois, Altube
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Odriozola
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, James, Isco
Forwards: Benzema, Bale, Vázquez, Jović, Brahim, Vinicius
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"