Luis Suárez off injured against Athletic
The Barcelona striker was substituted for Rafinha after 37 minutes of the first half.
Barcelona striker Luis Suárez went off with an injury to his right calf after 37 minutes of the first game of LaLiga 2019/2020, against Athletic at San Mamés. The Uruguayan was replaced by Rafinha.
Suárez unable to carry on after hitting woodwork
Suárez appeared to be struggling with calf niggle after 30 minutes of the first half, holding the affected area from time to time. He then took advantage of a poor pass back to Athletic keeper Unai Simón to lash a shot against the upright, but aggravated his calf in the process.
After the shot, Suárez fell to the turf and was attended to by the Barcelona medical team. The striker attempted to come back on, but was unable to, and was replaced by Rafinha.
Barcelona confirmed that the striker had suffered an injury to his right leg, and will undergo tests to confirm the extent of the problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus