Luis Suárez off injured against Athletic
The Barcelona striker was substituted for Rafinha after 37 minutes of the first half.
Barcelona striker Luis Suárez went off with an injury to his right calf after 37 minutes of the first game of LaLiga 2019/2020, against Athletic at San Mamés. The Uruguayan was replaced by Rafinha.
Suárez unable to carry on after hitting woodwork
Suárez appeared to be struggling with calf niggle after 30 minutes of the first half, holding the affected area from time to time. He then took advantage of a poor pass back to Athletic keeper Unai Simón to lash a shot against the upright, but aggravated his calf in the process.
After the shot, Suárez fell to the turf and was attended to by the Barcelona medical team. The striker attempted to come back on, but was unable to, and was replaced by Rafinha.
Barcelona confirmed that the striker had suffered an injury to his right leg, and will undergo tests to confirm the extent of the problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list