Luis Suárez off injured against Athletic
The Barcelona striker was substituted for Rafinha after 37 minutes of the first half.
Barcelona striker Luis Suárez went off with an injury to his right calf after 37 minutes of the first game of LaLiga 2019/2020, against Athletic at San Mamés. The Uruguayan was replaced by Rafinha.
Suárez unable to carry on after hitting woodwork
Suárez appeared to be struggling with calf niggle after 30 minutes of the first half, holding the affected area from time to time. He then took advantage of a poor pass back to Athletic keeper Unai Simón to lash a shot against the upright, but aggravated his calf in the process.
After the shot, Suárez fell to the turf and was attended to by the Barcelona medical team. The striker attempted to come back on, but was unable to, and was replaced by Rafinha.
Barcelona confirmed that the striker had suffered an injury to his right leg, and will undergo tests to confirm the extent of the problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTER MILAN Ex-Man Utd captain Ashley Young provides lovely assist in Inter debut
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears
- LaLiga Real Madrid go top after hard fought win in Valladolid
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Real Valladolid: LaLiga Santander
- Tragedy Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links