Luis Suárez injury: Barcelona confirm calf damage
The Uruguayan striker limped out of Barcelona's opening-weekend defeat to Athletic Bilbao on Friday night.
Barcelona have confirmed that striker Luis Suárez suffered calf damage in the Blaugrana's LaLiga defeat to Athletic Bilbao on Friday night.
Suárez forced off as Barcelona lose at San Mamés
Suárez limped off after just half an hour of Barça's league opener at San Mamés, which saw Aritz Aduriz earn Athletic a surprise 1-0 win with a spectacular late strike.
"Tests carried out on Saturday morning have confirmed that first team player Luis Suárez has an injured right calf," Barça said in a statement that did not specify how long the Uruguayan international is expected to be sidelined for, saying only: "His recovery will dictate his return to action."
Suárez likely to miss LaLiga clash with Betis
However, it is thought he will be out for at least 10 days, leaving him all but certain to miss Barça's next league match, at home to Real Betis on Sunday 25 August.
Suárez is the second key figure at Barça to be hit by a calf injury in recent times, after strike partner Lionel Messi was forced to sit out the trip to Bilbao with a similar issue.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win