Arsenal open contract talks for Aubameyang and Lacazette
Arsenal manager Unai Emery has confirmed that the club is "working on" contract extensions for their two star players - Aubameyang and Lacazette.
Arsenal have opened contract talks with star forwards Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette, Unai Emery has confirmed.
The Gunners strengthened their attacking options with the signing of Nicolas Pépé from Lille before the end of the transfer window and now want to tie their established front duo to new deals. The pair have forged a strong partnership in north London, scoring a combined 35 goals in the Premier League last season. Aubameyang, 30, is under contract until 2021, while 28-year-old Lacazette's deal expires at the end of the following season.
"They are very important players for us and their contracts need to be in the same balance, as players with us and also with the contracts with the club," head coach Emery told reporters. "It's one circumstance, one issue now, that the club is working on. "[Technical Director] Edu is here for that reason. There's also Raul [Sanllehi, head of football] and Huss [Fahmy, chief contract negotiator] working with the players for that. It's important for them, but my focus is on preparing [for] the matches, each training session, and making sure the players are focused and concentrated for us and on the work. I want the best for the club, I want the best for the players. I think if they and the club are speaking about that, it's perfect."
Arsenal have been prepared to part with big-name forwards in the recent past, losing Robin van Persie and Alexis Sánchez to Manchester United within six years of each other. Olivier Giroud moved to Chelsea in January 2018, the same window that saw Aubameyang arrive from Borussia Dortmund.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Hazard injury "doesn't look good", says Zidane
- LEVANTE 1-0 REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos rails at referee after Levante defeat
- Rayados 0-1 América America defeated Monterrey in the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- Cruz Azul 2-1 Tigres Cruz Azul beats Tigres 2-1 in the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- MLS Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi tipped to both end up at Inter Miami
- MLS MLS will be the most watched league in the world in 2020