Dani Ceballos sizzles on magnificent full Arsenal debut
As far as full Premier League debuts go, Dani Ceballos' first start for Arsenal will take some beating.
Dani Ceballos starred on his full Arsenal debut, creating both the Gunners' goals as Unai Emery's side triumphed 2-1 at home to Burnley. The Spaniard delighted the home fans and was treated to an ovation when he was eventually taken off and replaced by Lucas Torreira in the dying minutes of the game. Some fans described Ceballos' display as being reminiscent of another club legend: 'Santi Cazorla-eque'.
Ceballos equals Mkhitaryan and Parlour
The midfielder, who is on loan from Real Madrid, put in a sensational performance, running the show for Arsenal, having 97 touches - more than any of his team-mates. He also attempted 70 passes and created four chances and became the third Arsenal player to register two assists on his first Premier League start. Henrikh Mkhitaryan, against Everton in 2018, and Ray Parlour had previously achieved that feat.
No joy under Zidane at Madrid
It was some way to make an impression for Ceballos, who has struggled to cement his place at Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd Protests Trump threatens to use the U.S. military if governors can’t contain the violent protests
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: plans for second Economic Impact Payment
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd protests: Trump takes shelter in White House bunker
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League clubs to vote on relegation plans amid financial concerns