Bayern Munich: Coutinho will be Bundesliga's best "by far" - Grujic
Marko Grujic saw enough of Philippe Coutinho's "crazy" skills at Liverpool to be thrilled by his addition to the Bundesliga.
Bayern Munich-bound Philippe Coutinho will be head and shoulders above every other player in the Bundesliga, according to former team-mate Marko Grujic.
Coutinho, 27, is on the cusp of joining Niko Kovac's side on a season-long loan from Barcelona.
The agreement will include an option for Bayern to sign the Brazilian on a permanent basis, their sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed.
"He is a special, exciting player, capable of crazy things"
Hertha Berlin midfielder Grujic played alongside Coutinho at Liverpool and thinks German football fans are in for a treat.
"It's a big deal for the whole Bundesliga that we now have the opportunity to see Coutinho," Grujic told Sport Bild.
"He is a special, exciting player, capable of crazy things. He has incredible tricks and skills. I enjoyed every training session with him.
"He will be the best footballer in Germany by far."
Coutinho due for Bayern medical on Sunday or Monday
Coutinho is expected to undergo a medical in Bavaria on either Sunday or Monday.
His new club started their title defence with a 2-2 draw at home to Hertha on Friday, Grujic scoring the second for the visitors before Robert Lewandowski completed his brace to force a share of the spoils.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP