Rumour Has It: Sánchez agrees Inter deal as Madrid make Eriksen move
We round up the front and back pages across Europe, as Sunday sees the transfer rumour mill crank into gear once again.
First Romelu Lukaku. Now Alexis Sanchez?
Lukaku left Manchester United for Inter and former team-mate Sanchez could join the powerhouse Belgian in Milan.
Antonio Conte's Inter are set to be active before the transfer window closes.
TOP STORY – SÁNCHEZ SET FOR INTER
Manchester United forward Alexis Sánchez has agreed terms with Inter, according to Sky Italia.
Sánchez has endured a nightmare spell since joining United from Premier League rivals Arsenal in 2018, managing just five goals in all competitions.
Inter Milan's representatives are in the UK to hold talks with Manchester United over the transfer of Alexis Sanchez, according to Sky in Italy.— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 17, 2019
While United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has publicly declared Sánchez will play a significant role this season, the Chilean is reportedly poised to join former Red Devils striker Romelu Lukaku at Inter.
TRANSFER RUMOUR ROUND-UP
- Real Madrid will make a late €65million (£60m) bid to sign Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen, The Sun reports. The Danish star has been linked to Atletico Madrid and Juventus, while Madrid have been talking to Ajax about Donny van de Beek as they struggle to prise Paul Pogba from Manchester United.
- Le Parisien says Neymar remains convinced he will leave Paris Saint-Germain before the transfer window shuts. It comes as Sport claims Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has taken command to re-sign the Brazilian, who left for a world-record fee in 2017.
- According to the Mirror, Manchester United are ready to pay defender Marcos Rojo to leave Old Trafford. With two years remaining on his contract, Rojo was linked with a deadline-day move to Everton. The Argentina international is now reportedly pushing for a loan switch to Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
- Bayern Munich want to re-sign Mario Mandzukic from Juventus, claims Bild. Mandzukic spent two years at Bayern, where he won back-to-back Bundesliga titles and the Champions League.
- It comes as Soccerlink reports Serie A champions Juve have turned to Lyon forward Moussa Dembele, with Inter outcast Mauro Icardi proving difficult to sign.
- Napoli are preparing to relaunch a €60m bid to sign Icardi, according to Corriere dello Sport. Juventus are willing to offer Paulo Dybala in a swap deal but Inter are reluctant to deal with the Bianconeri. Napoli are also reportedly set to complete the signing of PSV's Hirving Lozano, who will undergo a medical on Wednesday.
- AC Milan have asked Tottenham for full-back Serge Aurier on loan with an option to buy, claims Soccerlink.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP