The Wanda Metropolitano is looking for a new king
Griezmann was the first man to score at the Wanda Metropolitano and is the top scorer in the stadium with 29 goals, Ángel Correa is second with nine.
Atlético Madrid have lost Antoine Griezmann, their top scorer for the last five seasons. Up till now, however, the club have not missed him after finishing the preseason with 17 goals in six games and an average of almost three goals per game.
The arrival of Joao Felix has caused a flood of positivity around the Wanda Metropolitano and his performances since his signing haven't done much to slow it down. There is a sense of anxiety around the club as they await his competitive debut at the new stadium. The French striker now plying his trade at Barcelona was the first man to score at Atlético Madrid's new stadium during a 1-0 win over Málaga during its inaugural season.
Since then, Griezmann score another 28 times between league, Copa, Champions League and Europa League with some magical nights and finishes including his four goals against Leganés. No player has scored more than his 29 in the stadium with Ángel Correa second on the list. He scored nine times but might never get the chance to add to that figure in rojiblanco with his future in the air and AC Milan reportedly closing in on his signing.
In third place, Fernando Torres netted seven times, with the last two coming in his final game against Eibar. Saúl, Koke and Diego Costa have all scored six goals. Kevin Gameiro scored five and Godín and Thomas Partey netted four apiece. Morata has also scored four but one of them came against Chelsea, the first goalscorer from a visiting team at the stadium.
Highest-scoring Atlético players at the Wanda Metropolitano
|Diego Costa||6 (and one with Spain)|
|Morata||3 (and one for Chelsea)|
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests