Barcelona: Semedo slams "nonsense" Neymar deal reports
Nelson Semedo has taken to social media to rubbish claims that he is ready to be used as a makeweight in Barça's bid to sign Neymar from PSG.
Barcelona's Nelson Semedo has hit out at reports that he is ready to join Paris Saint-Germain as part of a deal to take Neymar back to the Camp Nou.
As Barça bid to re-sign the wantaway forward, Semedo is among the names most heavily tipped to be used as a makeweight in a possible part-exchange, with PSG sporting director Leonardo thought to be an admirer of the Portugal right-back.
"Stop talking nonsense" - Semedo says he's going nowhere
However, Semedo has taken to social media to rubbish weekend claims in the Catalan media that, although the 25-year-old is "happy at Barça", he has "come to terms with the prospect of being included in the Neymar deal".
Posting a screenshot of the article, the defender made plain his desire to remain at Barça by branding the report "fake news", adding: "Stop talking nonsense".
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami