Mauro Icardi: Wanda Nara rules out Monaco move for Inter striker
The Argentinean has burned his bridges at San Siro and is not wanted by Antonio Conte, but he won't be moving to the Stade Louis II.
Mauro Icardi will not be joining Monaco, the Inter striker's wife and agent Wanda Nara has insisted.
Argentina international Icardi has been linked with a switch to the Ligue 1 side after being told he can leave San Siro.
The Inter captaincy was taken off the player last term and he appears to have no future at the club under coach Antonio Conte.
Monaco on the lookout for Falcao replacement
Nara, however, has ruled out a Monaco move before the French and Italian transfer windows close on September 2.
"He will not go to Monaco," Nara said simply to TyC Sports. Monaco are reportedly seeking a successor to Radamel Falcao, who has been linked with Galatasaray.
Free agent Daniel Sturridge, who left Liverpool at the end of his contract, is reportedly a target for Leonardo Jardim's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric first Ballon d'Or holder to miss shortlist
- FOOTBALL Barcelona pay Atlético €15m as peace offering over Griezmann
- BARCELONA Barcelona in Atlético first-refusal deal; Sául, Giménez included
- Champions League Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo targets another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Carragher apologises to Evra for Luis Suárez T-shirts
- Copa Libertadores Boca Juniors vs River Plate: how and where to watch: times, tv, online