Tuchel insists Neymar can't leave without being replaced
The Paris Saint Germain manager said Neymar can not leave the club without a replacement being signed after their loss to Rennes on Sunday night.
Thomas Tuchel spoke after PSG's loss to Rennes at Roazhon Park on Sunday night and while he lamented the loss of three points, he also spoke about Neymar and the possibility of the Brazilian star leaving Paris.
"At the moment, he won't play because he hasn't trained with the rest," he said. "The risk of injury is too high." Neymar is recovering from an ankle injury but Leonardo, the club's sporting director, insists that the injury has completely healed.
Tuchel says Neymar can not leave without a replacement being signed.
"He won't go without a replacement, it's not possible. It's obvious. If he does end up staying, we will have a player who can win one-on-ones," Tuchel explained.
The manager did not want to pin the blame for the loss on Neymar's absense. "He wasn't there in the Super Cup or against Nimes either. All of the questions are about him but he isn't the problem," he said.
Barcelona remain interested and reports on Monday afternoon say they will launch a formal bid to bring the player back to the Camp Nou. Real Madrid remain interested, however, and could still be in with a shot of signing the Brazilian star.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Valverde: "We suffered a lot and you have to admit it"
- DORTMUND 0 - BARCELONA 0 Ter Stegen off his line for Reus penalty in Dortmund - Barcelona game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ajax too strong for Lille
- BARCELONA Alba injures hamstring during Dortmund draw
- Juventus are more than just Ronaldo, warns Gimenez
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Juventus are more than just Ronaldo, warns Gimenez