Pulisic said no to Manchester United because of Mourinho
Christian Pulisic turned down a deal with the Red Devils because his father couldn't stand Mourinho and the lack of opportunities he gives young players.
There's always that dream when you start your soccer career to one day play at one of the top clubs in the world and saying no to them is practically impossible. But for Christian Pulisic it was.
Christian Pulisic's path could have taken him to Manchester United, but according to his old Brackley Town coach and former Chelsea winger, Robin Walker, the US international turned down the Red Devils offer.
Walker, in an interview with the Telegraph, revealed Manchester United showed interest in the now Chelsea player, giving the reason behind the rejection from the US star.
Pulisic wasn't interested in going to Old Trafford due to Jose Mourinho's track record of developing young players according to Walker. Also, because Pulisic's father was not very fond of Mou, he stepped in and turned down the deal after learning Mourinho was still in charge.
"He wouldn't go to Manchester United because of Jose Mourinho. His father couldn't stand Mourinho because he didn't promote young players," said Robin Walker.
Although it's hard to say no to one of Europe's biggest clubs, his decision didn't prevents a move to England for Pulisic and he secured a €60 million record transfer fee with Chelsea last winter and is now in his first season at Stamford Bridge.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice