Dembélé to miss five weeks with hamstring tear
The French attacker will miss over a month after suffering a hamstring injury in training on Monday as Luis Suárez and Lionel Messi also remain out.
Ousmané Dembélé will miss five weeks with a hamstring injury, Barcelona have announced on their official website.
Barcelona trained on Monday after their loss to Athletic Bilbao on Friday night without Lionel Messi or Luis Suárez with the pair suffering from calf injuries. Messi is closing in on a return but has not been cleared to train with the team yet. Luis Suárez will miss a number of weeks with the injury sustained in the first half of the game on Friday night.
Dembélé started the game against Bilbao but failed to make an impression at San Mames. They lost the game 1-0 thanks to a late Aritz Aduriz volley.
It is the fifth injury of the French attacker's Barcelona career. He missed 20 games in his first seaon with the club and missed another four games with a hamstring injury at the end of last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- SERIE A Opta's Serie A Team of the Season: Cristiano Ronaldo, Immobile...
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético: Thomas not ruled out of Champions League quarter finals