Real Madrid: Brahim Díaz suffers another injury setback
Real Madrid will be without forward Brahim Diaz due to an abdominal injury, adding to Zinedine Zidane's problems in attack.
Brahim Díaz is set for another spell on the sidelines after suffering an abdominal injury, Real Madrid have confirmed.
The 20-year-old forward only returned to training last week having missed the bulk of pre-season due to a hamstring problem.
A timeframe has not been placed on Diaz's recovery.
A club statement read: "Following the tests carried out today on our player, Brahim Diaz, by the Real Madrid medical department, he has been diagnosed with a muscular injury to his right anterior rectus. His recovery will continue to be assessed."
Díaz joined Madrid from Manchester City for an initial €17million in January and started four of their final five LaLiga games last season, scoring his maiden goal in a 3-1 defeat at Real Sociedad.
Zidane's absences piling up
This bout of fitness problems has proved particularly untimely, denying Diaz the chance to press his claims amid the arrivals of Luka Jovic, Rodrygo and Eden Hazard – although the latter two have also been hit with injury setbacks.
Real's injury woes have been steadily mounting up during pre-season and into the first weekend of the Liga campaign, with Hazard, Rodrygo, Ferland Mendy and Marco Asensio all out of action as it stands.
Luka Modric, meanwhile, faces a three-game ban for a stright red card awarded during the 3-1 victory over Celta, the Crotian becoming the first victim of new Liga regulations regarding reckless tackling.
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus director Paratici under investigation over Suarez's Italian exam
- SERIE A Official: Napoli stadium renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- REAL MADRID Camavinga a step closer to Real Madrid
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid squad for Sevilla: Sergio Ramos left behind
- FOOTBALL Tagliafico signs new Ajax contract which includes get-out clause
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test