Dembélé's agent: "He thought it was a cramp"
Dembélé suffered from a hamstring injury and is set to miss out on at least five weeks after Barcelona's loss to Athletic Bilbao on Friday night.
Moussa Dembélé's agent has denied claims that his client travelled to Senegal after the Athletic Bilbao game on Friday night after the attacker was diagnosed with a hamstring tear on Monday.
Dembélé is set for a spell on the sidelines after the hamstring injury, which was said to be due to his trip to Senegal. He reportedly slept in an airport for five hours and did not tell Barcelona medics of the pain he suffered during the Bilbao game.
"It's not true, he didn't travel to Senegal. He was in Rennes in his mother's house. I assure you 100%," said Moussa Sissoko to Mundo Deportivo, the players agent.
"After the game, he thought they were cramps," Sissoko said about the pain his client suffered from on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem