Dembélé's agent: "He thought it was a cramp"
Dembélé suffered from a hamstring injury and is set to miss out on at least five weeks after Barcelona's loss to Athletic Bilbao on Friday night.
Moussa Dembélé's agent has denied claims that his client travelled to Senegal after the Athletic Bilbao game on Friday night after the attacker was diagnosed with a hamstring tear on Monday.
Dembélé is set for a spell on the sidelines after the hamstring injury, which was said to be due to his trip to Senegal. He reportedly slept in an airport for five hours and did not tell Barcelona medics of the pain he suffered during the Bilbao game.
"It's not true, he didn't travel to Senegal. He was in Rennes in his mother's house. I assure you 100%," said Moussa Sissoko to Mundo Deportivo, the players agent.
"After the game, he thought they were cramps," Sissoko said about the pain his client suffered from on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win