Dembélé's agent: "He thought it was a cramp"
Dembélé suffered from a hamstring injury and is set to miss out on at least five weeks after Barcelona's loss to Athletic Bilbao on Friday night.
Moussa Dembélé's agent has denied claims that his client travelled to Senegal after the Athletic Bilbao game on Friday night after the attacker was diagnosed with a hamstring tear on Monday.
Dembélé is set for a spell on the sidelines after the hamstring injury, which was said to be due to his trip to Senegal. He reportedly slept in an airport for five hours and did not tell Barcelona medics of the pain he suffered during the Bilbao game.
"It's not true, he didn't travel to Senegal. He was in Rennes in his mother's house. I assure you 100%," said Moussa Sissoko to Mundo Deportivo, the players agent.
"After the game, he thought they were cramps," Sissoko said about the pain his client suffered from on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"