Cristiano Ronaldo says there is a chance he could retire in 2020
The Juventus and Portugal forward is uncertain when he will stop playing, but the Juventus star said it could be as soon as next year.
Juventus and Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo remains unsure when he will retire, saying it could be as soon as next year or he could play into his 40s.
2020 could see CR7 end but...
Ronaldo, 34, has continued to star after joining Juve last year, scoring 28 goals in 43 games in all competitions and helping the Italian giants win another Serie A title in 2018-19.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner is uncertain when he will stop playing - with some linking him to a move to the MLS - although the star forward said it may not be far away.
"I don't think about that," Ronaldo told Portuguese station TVI on Tuesday.
"Maybe I can leave my career next year … but I can also play up to 40 or 41.
"I don't know. What I always say is to enjoy the moment. The gift is excellent and I have to continue to enjoy it."
Back on track and focused on the first game of the season pic.twitter.com/2ugBRV1ccL— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) August 19, 2019
Along with numerous individual honours, Ronaldo has won a record five Champions League titles (four with Real Madrid and one with Manchester United), three Premier League crowns and two LaLiga trophies.
Ronaldo wants to make history and is seemingly motivated by setting records.
"Are there any football players who have more records than me?" he asked.
"I don't think there are any footballers who have more records than me."
Ronaldo's Juventus begin their Serie A campaign with a trip to Parma on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"