Eden Hazard: LaLiga debut date set
Madrid's new marquee signing, who will miss the first three league games of the season, is due to return for Belgium in the international break before making his league debut.
Eden Hazard could make his official LaLiga debut for Real Madrid in their home game against Levante on Saturday 14 September. The opening fixtures of the season mean Hazard will only miss three matches, all of them coming domestically, in Spain's top flight: against Celta, Valladolid and Villarreal.
Hazard injury and return
Madrid's new forward sustained a thigh injury on the eve of their opener against Celta Vigo. Although Los Blancos did not issue an exact date of return for the Belgian, three to four weeks was deemed necessary for him to make a full recovery. Therefore, Hazard should be given the go-ahead to participate in Belgium's two Euro 2020 qualifiers in early September, which should enable him to gain sufficient match fitness to make his bow in La Liga against Levante.
Hazard's injury came as a surprise to some of his team-mates. "I didn't even realise in the training session and I was surprised when he wasn't included in the squad. He'll be back soon, though," fellow Belgium and Real Madrid team-mate Thibaut Courtois said.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”