Eden Hazard: LaLiga debut date set
Madrid's new marquee signing, who will miss the first three league games of the season, is due to return for Belgium in the international break before making his league debut.
Eden Hazard could make his official LaLiga debut for Real Madrid in their home game against Levante on Saturday 14 September. The opening fixtures of the season mean Hazard will only miss three matches, all of them coming domestically, in Spain's top flight: against Celta, Valladolid and Villarreal.
Hazard injury and return
Madrid's new forward sustained a thigh injury on the eve of their opener against Celta Vigo. Although Los Blancos did not issue an exact date of return for the Belgian, three to four weeks was deemed necessary for him to make a full recovery. Therefore, Hazard should be given the go-ahead to participate in Belgium's two Euro 2020 qualifiers in early September, which should enable him to gain sufficient match fitness to make his bow in La Liga against Levante.
Hazard's injury came as a surprise to some of his team-mates. "I didn't even realise in the training session and I was surprised when he wasn't included in the squad. He'll be back soon, though," fellow Belgium and Real Madrid team-mate Thibaut Courtois said.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus