Barcelona: Valverde calls up 16-year-old La Masia starlet
Ansu Fati, one of the biggest prospects in Barcelona's youth team set-up, was invited to train with the first team following Valverde's growing injury-list.
The big surprise in the Barcelona camp on Wednesday was the call up of 16-year-old Ansu Fati to train with the first team, with one of La Masia's up-and-coming prospects being granted an opportunity by Valverde due to Barça's current injury crisis.
One of Barcelona's up-and-coming stars
Ansu Fati, who was born in Guinera-Bissau and holds a Spanish passport, was one of the stars of last season's Youth League. The youngster is quick, direct, and can play with both feet. His judgement and decision-making has also impressed, along with his desire and hunger and his personality on the pitch.
Ansu Fati and La Masia
Ansu Fati is still part of Barcelona's Juvenil A team, coached by former Barça keeper Víctor Valdés, and has also trained with the Barcelona B team, overseen by García Pimienta. His development is being closely monitored by the club and he recently signed a contract taking him up to 2022. The youngster's inclusion in Wednesday's session is unlikely to bear any relation to Barcelona's game on Sunday against Betis, but Valverde is keen to watch him play to assess how he fares with the first team.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Eden Hazard on the bench for LaLiga clash vs. Levante
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Valencia: how and where to watch - times, tv, online
- Liverpool Salah video post laughs off alleged tension with Mane
- RCD MALLORCA Kubo makes home LaLiga debut as Mallorca draw
- Serie A Sarri responds after Emre Can omission outburst
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim