Ribéry: Fiorentina welcome French 'legend'
The Serie A club are expected to formally announce the signing of the French forward from Bayern Munich on a two-year deal.
Franck Ribéry was given a warm welcome by excited Fiorentina fans as he prepares to finalise a move to the Serie A side.
Ribéry arrives in Florence
The 36-year-old flew into Florence on Wednesday and is expected to undergo a medical before putting pen to paper on what will reportedly be a two-year contract.
Fiorentina shared to social media a photo of Ribery on the tarmac wearing a club scarf and polo with the caption: "#WelcomeLegend".
Addressing reporters outside the airport, the former Bayern Munich star was quoted as saying: "I am here with my family. We're doing something together.
"I have already spoken to Fiorentina and Luca Toni, who told me this was a great club and a beautiful city."
Moving on from Bayern
Ribéry became a free agent when his Bayern contract expired at the end of June. He spent 12 years in Bavaria, winning 23 trophies including nine Bundesliga titles and the Champions League.
The ex-Marseille star had been linked to Sheffield United, A-League side Western Sydney Wanderers and teams in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice