Luka Modric and Jorge Molina handed one-match bans
The RFEF's Competitions Committee handed the minimum punishment to the two players who were issued red cards for violent play. Madrid and Getafe can appeal.
The RFEF's Competitions Committee have handed one-match suspension to Real Madrid's Luka Modric for his dismissal against Celta at the weekend and served the same punishment to Getafe's Jorge Molina, who was sent off in Sunday's game against Atlético for the same reason. Modric stood on Denis Suárez's heel and Jorge Molina caught Atlético's Thomas - both offences punishable by a direct red card according to section 4 of the new rules and regulations which were issued by the Referees Technical Committee ahead of the new season. Both clubs will be able to appeal the decision and if they choose to do so, will have their cases studied this week.
Madrid to appeal Modric red card
Match official in Vigo Xavier Estrada Fernández reported in his notebook: "In the 56th minute Real Madrid's No.10 - Modric, Luka, was sent off for the following motive: for making contact with his studs in the Achilles zone of a rival without the possibility of challenging for the ball". Madrid have presented their argument to the RFEF, in which they have tried to prove that Modric was going for the ball and not out to injure Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin