Luka Modric and Jorge Molina handed one-match bans
The RFEF's Competitions Committee handed the minimum punishment to the two players who were issued red cards for violent play. Madrid and Getafe can appeal.
The RFEF's Competitions Committee have handed one-match suspension to Real Madrid's Luka Modric for his dismissal against Celta at the weekend and served the same punishment to Getafe's Jorge Molina, who was sent off in Sunday's game against Atlético for the same reason. Modric stood on Denis Suárez's heel and Jorge Molina caught Atlético's Thomas - both offences punishable by a direct red card according to section 4 of the new rules and regulations which were issued by the Referees Technical Committee ahead of the new season. Both clubs will be able to appeal the decision and if they choose to do so, will have their cases studied this week.
Madrid to appeal Modric red card
Match official in Vigo Xavier Estrada Fernández reported in his notebook: "In the 56th minute Real Madrid's No.10 - Modric, Luka, was sent off for the following motive: for making contact with his studs in the Achilles zone of a rival without the possibility of challenging for the ball". Madrid have presented their argument to the RFEF, in which they have tried to prove that Modric was going for the ball and not out to injure Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby