Luka Modric and Jorge Molina handed one-match bans
The RFEF's Competitions Committee handed the minimum punishment to the two players who were issued red cards for violent play. Madrid and Getafe can appeal.
The RFEF's Competitions Committee have handed one-match suspension to Real Madrid's Luka Modric for his dismissal against Celta at the weekend and served the same punishment to Getafe's Jorge Molina, who was sent off in Sunday's game against Atlético for the same reason. Modric stood on Denis Suárez's heel and Jorge Molina caught Atlético's Thomas - both offences punishable by a direct red card according to section 4 of the new rules and regulations which were issued by the Referees Technical Committee ahead of the new season. Both clubs will be able to appeal the decision and if they choose to do so, will have their cases studied this week.
Madrid to appeal Modric red card
Match official in Vigo Xavier Estrada Fernández reported in his notebook: "In the 56th minute Real Madrid's No.10 - Modric, Luka, was sent off for the following motive: for making contact with his studs in the Achilles zone of a rival without the possibility of challenging for the ball". Madrid have presented their argument to the RFEF, in which they have tried to prove that Modric was going for the ball and not out to injure Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?