Fiorentina seal Ribéry signing
Fiorentina have finalised the capture of former France international Franck Ribéry on a free transfer.
Franck Ribéry has completed a move to Serie A side Fiorentina following his departure from Bayern Munich.
Ribéry, 36, became a free agent when his Bayern contact expired at the end of June.
The French winger spent 12 years in Bavaria, winning nine Bundesliga titles, and was given a warm welcome by Fiorentina fans when he flew into Florence on Wednesday.
Reportedly joins Fiorentina on two-year deal
The length of the deal has not been confirmed, but reports in Italy indicate it will run for two years.
"I am here with my family. We're doing something together," Ribéry told reporters when he arrived in Florence.
"I have already spoken to Fiorentina and Luca Toni, who told me this was a great club and a beautiful city."
Could go into squad for Serie A opener against Napoli
Vincenzo Montella could potentially include Ribéry in his squad for Saturday's season opener at home to Napoli, who are coached by former Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti.
Premier League club Sheffield United, A-League side Western Sydney Wanderers and teams in Saudi Arabia and Qatar had all been linked to the former Marseille star.
Ribéry made 25 appearances and 10 starts in his final Bundesliga campaign, scoring six goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"