PSG punished after fans abuse wantaway Neymar
After their fans aimed an offensive banner at Neymar, Paris Saint-Germain were fined.
Paris Saint-Germain have been fined €2,000 after their fans aimed an offensive banner at Neymar during their Ligue 1 win over Nimes.
PSG Neymar haters bring fine
Neymar, 27, was targeted by fans during the 3-0 victory at Parc des Princes on August 11 amid growing speculation he wants to leave PSG.
One banner urged the Brazil forward to leave the Ligue 1 champions, while another expressed dissatisfaction with his behaviour.
The Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) Disciplinary Committee announced sanctions on Wednesday, handing PSG a fine.
"Behaviour of the supporters of Paris Saint-Germain: use of pyrotechnic devices and deployment of an offensive banner," part of a statement read.
"€2,000 fine for Paris Saint-Germain."
Neymar is yet to play for PSG this season amid reports he will return to Barcelona or join LaLiga giants Real Madrid.
The saga is seemingly no closer to ending despite the transfer window closing on September 2.
Neymar has scored 51 goals in 58 games since joining PSG in a world-record €222million move two years ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online