Real Betis joke about POTUS Donald Trump's Greenland claim
When the US president cancelled his trip to Denmark after hearing he would not be allowed to buy the territory, the Liga side's CM saw an opportunity.
The social media team at LaLiga side Real Betis are known for having a bit of fun on their account and Tuesday saw them tap into a little politics. Following US president, Donald Trump's enquiry into purchasing the autonomous Danish territory of Greenland.
Green-land should be ours, claim Betis
Famous for their green and white colours, the Sevillian club felt that they were more entitled to lay claim to the land mass than anyone else and pointed that out.
'Hey, @realDonaldTrump!' it read, 'If someone has the right to claim GREENland, that's us. You know, because it's GREEN-land'
Hey, @realDonaldTrump! 👋— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis_en) August 21, 2019
If someone has the right to claim GREENland, that's us 🇬🇱🙄 You know, because it's GREEN-land 😅💚
PS: Please, @Statsmin, don't get mad, it's just a (really bad) joke 😗 pic.twitter.com/nvonmF4zYH
To be absolutely clear that they were just having a laugh, however, they also added a comment directed towards Denmark's prime minister.
'PS: Please, @Statsmin, don't get mad, it's just a (really bad) joke'
The Trump stance has caused quite a stir, but we're confident the team at Betis would be happy to take his place on a visit of Denmark if they were offered.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami