Take a bow Carlos Vela: 'a wonder-goal that stays with you'
Los Angeles FC's 4-0 win over San Jose Earthquakes in MLS will be remembered for an incredible solo goal from Carlos Vela.
Carlos Vela delivered a moment that "stays with you", Los Angeles FC coach Bob Bradley said after the Mexican forward scored one of the greatest goals in MLS history.
Vela sails through the Earthquakes
Former Arsenal and Real Sociedad star Vela netted a double as the runaway Western Conference leaders eased to a 4-0 win over San Jose Earthquakes.
His first was an emphatic penalty but it is his second that will live long in the memory.
After playing a neat one-two and regaining possession 25 yards from goal, Vela danced his way beyond two defenders and then expertly rounded the goalkeeper, the forlorn defender on the line tumbling as the former Arsenal man tucked home from point-blank range.
"One really special goal," Bradley said of Vela's effort.
"We all want to see moments like that. You come to the game tonight and you see that goal, that's something that stays with you. Carlos is capable of doing that kind of stuff."
Vela has scored 24 goals this season, putting him seven shy of equalling Josef Martinez's single-season record of 31.
Te recomendamos en English
- Covid-19 Coronavirus lock down in USA: which states and what measures have been applied?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with players over salary cuts
- Coronavirus Gerardo Martino “We are lucky to have high salaries so we must be supportive”
- FIFA Blatter denies bribery allegations in awarding of 2018 and 2022 World Cups
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Barcelona planning raid on Bernabéu for Gelabert
- Barcelona Messi's Barcelona exit would not be 'a drama' for LaLiga, says Tebas