Real Madrid: Kubo loaned to Mallorca for 2019-20 season
The Japan international attacking midfielder will get a chance to taste Primera División football after joining the newly promoted side from Castilla.
Real Madrid midfielder Takefusa Kubo has been loaned to Mallorca for the 2019-20 season, it was confirmed on Thursday. The Japanese international, 18, had been playing for Madrid’s reserve side Castilla but the Bernabéu board would prefer the youngster to gain some experience at a higher level and Mallorca, who have done business with Madrid in the past, are the beneficiaries.
Kubo had been linked with a move to Real Valladolid, who are owned by former Madrid striker Ronaldo, but Mallorca eventually landed the highly rated playmaker.
Kubo set for Liga experience
The 18-year-old spent the entire pre-season with Zinedine Zidane’s senior squad and impressed in several friendly appearances but was never likely to make the first team squad due to the restriction on non-EU players. Liga clubs are allowed three non-EU nationals and those places are occupied by Éder Militão, Vinicius and Rodrygo, although the Brazilian forward has been playing for Castilla so far this season.
Kubo was originally on the books at Barcelona but was forced to return to Japan when FIFA imposed sanctions on the club for irregularities in their signing of players under the age of 18. The Camp Nou board attempted to buy him back from FC Tokyo at the end of last season but were pipped to the post by Madrid, who came in with a better offer for the young star.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight