Real Madrid abolish 'fear clause' for loanees
'Jugones' reports that Real Madrid are no longer going to prevent players on loan at other Spanish clubs from playing against them.
The so-called 'fear clause' is no more at Real Madrid. According to the Spanish TV show 'Jugones', Madrid have abolished their controversial policy of not allowing players loaned to other teams in Spain to appear against Los Blancos.
Lunin can play for Valladolid at Bernabéu this weekend
As a result, goalkeeper Andriy Lunin will be available to play for Real Valladolid when they visit the Bernabéu in LaLiga on Saturday. He is not expected to start, however, as Jordi Masip is firmly established as Los Pucelanos' number one.
While there are likewise no contractual restrictions on Valladolid fielding Jorge de Frutos and Javi Sánchez, who are on loan from Madrid's 'B' team, Real Madrid Castilla, LaLiga paperwork issues are expected to prevent their involvement.
Mayoral, Reguilón, Odegaard, Óscar and Kubo also free to face Real
Aside from the trio at Valladolid, a further five loanees will be free to come up against Real Madrid in LaLiga: Borja Mayoral (who is at Levante), Sergio Reguilón (Sevilla), Martin Odegaard (Real Sociedad), Óscar Rodríguez (Leganés) and Takefusa Kubo (who is to join Real Mallorca).
'Fear clause' not allowed in international loans
Meanwhile, Dani Ceballos, Jesús Vallejo and Achraf Hakimi can face Madrid if the LaLiga giants meet Arsenal, Wolverhampton Wanderers or Borussia Dortmund in Europe this season - although they were already eligible to do so, as the 'fear clause' cannot be included in international loans.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami