Carlos Vela's Messi-like goal will go down in MLS history
Carlos Vela scored one of the greatest goals in MLS history against San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday, bringing the MLS top scorer's tally to 26.
Reactions to Vela's goal have come thick and fast, with some even drawing comparisons to Barcelona star, Lionel Messi and Argentina legend, Diego Maradona.
In a truly Messi-like individual goal, the LAFC captain rounded four players before eventually slotting the ball in the net from one yard, bringing the MLS top scorer's tally to 26.
"I told him to be like Messi. If it was that easy, I'd tell them all to be like Messi, or I'd tell some to be like Xavi to spread it out a little bit," joked his coach, Bob Bradley, who went on to praise the Mexican striker's 'Messi-esque' goal.
Here's Vela's goal. The UniMas broadcasters are now talking about Maradona, so, yeah, it was a pretty good goal. https://t.co/O1wxuYGgAU— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) August 22, 2019
"We all want to see moments like that," he said. "You come to the game tonight, and you see that goal, that's something that stays with you. Carlos is capable of doing that kind of stuff."
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPA LEAGUE Getafe beat Trabzonspor on their return to European football
- BARCELONA Barcelona's great challenge is to "reduce salary spend by €18m"
- BARCELONA Valverde asked Barcelona to sign Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: just 6 clean sheets in all competitions in 2019
- REAL MADRID Rivaldo says Madrid "escaped a historic beating" against PSG
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans believe Zidane is to blame