Napoli: Mexico's Lozano seals transfer to Serie A club
After two impressive seasons in the Eredivisie with PSV, Hirving Lozano has signed for Serie A side Napoli in a reported club-record deal.
Napoli have completed the signing of Mexico forward Hirving Lozano from PSV in a deal reportedly worth 40 million euros.
Joins for club-record fee after two successful years in Netherlands
Lozano spent two seasons in the Eredivisie, scoring 34 league goals for PSV across the two campaigns, and impressed in the Champions League last term.
The 24-year-old winger also starred for Mexico at the 2018 World Cup, scoring a memorable goal in a 1-0 win over Germany in the group stage.
Lozano, who had also been linked with Manchester United, has now swapped the Eredivisie for Serie A, with Napoli reportedly paying a club-record transfer fee reported to be 38m euros plus bonuses.
Prior to the club's official announcement on Friday, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis had shared a photo of Lozano signing his contract on his official Twitter account.
Napoli kick off their Serie A campaign against Fiorentina on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”