Sergio Reguilón to spend the night in observation after taking a blow to the head
The full-back, on loan with Sevilla from Real Madrid, was taken off on 19 minutes after a collision with Víctor Díaz. He will spend the night in hospital in Granada...
Sergio Reguilón didn't have the best of luck in his second official game with Sevilla. The left-back, who was one of the more active players in this evening's league game against Granada, ended up colliding with Víctor Díaz as the two players challenged for a 50-50 ball. Reguilón tried to continue but eventually, Julen Lopetegui decided not to take any risks and took him off.
The 22-year-old left the picth in tears but to great applause from the travelling supporters at Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes. It is still not known whether the defender suffered a cut to the head or whether he was substituted simply as a precaution. The standard procedure when any player take a blow to the head in LaLiga, even minor incidents, is for them to retire from the game and be medically examined. Reguilón will spend the night in Granada, in observation in the city's general hospital.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"