Sergio Reguilón to spend the night in observation after taking a blow to the head
The full-back, on loan with Sevilla from Real Madrid, was taken off on 19 minutes after a collision with Víctor Díaz. He will spend the night in hospital in Granada...
Sergio Reguilón didn't have the best of luck in his second official game with Sevilla. The left-back, who was one of the more active players in this evening's league game against Granada, ended up colliding with Víctor Díaz as the two players challenged for a 50-50 ball. Reguilón tried to continue but eventually, Julen Lopetegui decided not to take any risks and took him off.
The 22-year-old left the picth in tears but to great applause from the travelling supporters at Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes. It is still not known whether the defender suffered a cut to the head or whether he was substituted simply as a precaution. The standard procedure when any player take a blow to the head in LaLiga, even minor incidents, is for them to retire from the game and be medically examined. Reguilón will spend the night in Granada, in observation in the city's general hospital.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live