Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé to be fined for disobedience
Barcelona's Technical Secretary Éric Abidal held a meeting with Dembélé's agent to express the club's unhappiness at this latest case of indiscipline.
Barcelona will serve Ousmane Dembélé an economic fine for breaching the club's disciplinary code, Cadena SER report. These kinds of fines are usually kept behind closed doors and not made public but this isn't the first time that Dembélé has been punished during his time at Barcelona - last season he received several fines for missing training or turing up late.
On this occasion however he will be served a particularly severe fine as the offence committed was considered serious. He finished the league opener against Athletic Club with twinges and was told to turn up at the Ciutat Esportiva de Sant Joan Despí the following day for an ultrasound scan. He didn't show up. Dembélé decided instead to go travelling (some claim to Senegal, others say he went to France to see his mother in Rennes) seeing as he and the rest of the squad had been given the week off by Ernesto Valverde. But when he returned, it was discovered that Dembélé had suffered a muscle tear.
To show how infuriated the club are at what happened, Technical Secretary Éric Abidal met up with the player's agent, according to Catalunya Ràdio.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Ibrahimovic wants career finish in Serie A, says LA Galaxy boss
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Ronaldo best pitch invader moments: from clotheslines to kisses
- REAL MADRID Bale: "I definitely have more excitement playing for Wales"
- REAL MADRID Gareth Bale laughs off press criticism: "I must sell papers"
- RUMOUR MILL Man United and City target Inter's Martinez as Atlético eye Rakitic
- MANCHESTER CITY CAS deems Manchester City's UEFA appeal 'inadmissible'