PSG don't back down: Neymar left out of squad for Toulouse game
"If Neymar's situation became clear tomorrow, then he could play," said PSG coach Thomas Tuchel as the Brazilian was overlooked for the squad to face Toulouse.
Neymar remains absent from Paris Saint-Germain's matchday squad in a sign the Ligue 1 club are yet to gain clarity on his future.
Neymar not selected
The Brazil international trained with the first team during the week but has not been selected to face Toulouse on Sunday.
His omission comes after Thomas Tuchel confirmed Neymar's selection depended on PSG resolving the "unsettling" transfer speculation surrounding the world's most expensive player.
"He has had a good week with his team-mates. However, the club's position is clear: while his situation is unclear, he cannot play," Tuchel said at Saturday's pre-match news conference.
"If Neymar's situation became clear tomorrow, then he could play."
Barcelona and Real Madrid
Talks between PSG and interested parties Barcelona and Real Madrid are reportedly ongoing but the September 2 transfer deadline is drawing closer.
Neymar sat out the entire pre-season schedule due to an ankle injury that saw him miss the Copa America.
PSG won 3-0 against Nimes in their Ligue 1 opener before losing 2-1 at Rennes, having beaten those same opponents in the Trophee des Champions in Shenzhen.
Julian Draxler, a starter last weekend, is out with injury, joining Ander Herrera and Thilo Kehrer on the sidelines.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia