Manchester City: Kevin De Bruyne fastest player to record 50 Premier League assists
It took Manchester City just 15 minutes to claim a new piece of Premier League history on Sunday thanks to Kevin de Bruyne's assist to Sergio Agüero.
Kevin de Bruyne became the fastest player to 50 Premier League assists as Sergio Agüero struck for Manchester City against Bournemouth on Sunday. De Bruyne was making his 123rd appearance in the competition as he teed up Agüero to break the deadlock on the 15-minute mark. The unwitting miskick was not the Belgian's finest assist but it was enough for him to enter the record books due to the speed of his achievement.
Previous record holder
The previous benchmark for a half-century of Premier League assists had been set by Arsenal's Mesut Özil, who reached that tally in 141 matches. Eric Cantona (143 appearances) drops to third on the list, with Dennis Bergkamp (146) fourth and Cesc Fàbregas (165) fifth.
De Bruyne missed much of last season with injury as City won a second consecutive title, but this was his fourth assist of the new campaign already. The former Chelsea man set up Raheem Sterling's first strike in the win over West Ham on the opening day and then created both goals in last week's 2-2 draw against Tottenham.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win
- BARCELONA Paco Alcácer: "I was treated very badly by some people at Barcelona"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid have the budget to sign a galáctico next summer
- RELAÑO Benzema, James, Hazard... and VAR
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim