Manchester City: Kevin De Bruyne fastest player to record 50 Premier League assists
It took Manchester City just 15 minutes to claim a new piece of Premier League history on Sunday thanks to Kevin de Bruyne's assist to Sergio Agüero.
Kevin de Bruyne became the fastest player to 50 Premier League assists as Sergio Agüero struck for Manchester City against Bournemouth on Sunday. De Bruyne was making his 123rd appearance in the competition as he teed up Agüero to break the deadlock on the 15-minute mark. The unwitting miskick was not the Belgian's finest assist but it was enough for him to enter the record books due to the speed of his achievement.
Previous record holder
The previous benchmark for a half-century of Premier League assists had been set by Arsenal's Mesut Özil, who reached that tally in 141 matches. Eric Cantona (143 appearances) drops to third on the list, with Dennis Bergkamp (146) fourth and Cesc Fàbregas (165) fifth.
De Bruyne missed much of last season with injury as City won a second consecutive title, but this was his fourth assist of the new campaign already. The former Chelsea man set up Raheem Sterling's first strike in the win over West Ham on the opening day and then created both goals in last week's 2-2 draw against Tottenham.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?