Ansu Fati, 16, becomes the 2nd youngest player to appear for Barcelona in LaLiga
The Bissau-Guinean winger made his debut for Barcelona coming on for Carles Pérez in the 78th minute of tonight's 5-2 win over Betis.
This evening, Bissau-Guinean winger Ansu Fati became the second youngest player to make an appearance for Barcelona in LaLiga. The 16-year-old, who has come through the ranks in Barça's youth academy, came on to huge applause at Camp Nou as he replaced Carles Pérez on 78 minutes in the 5-2 win over Betis.
Record remain intact
Ansu Fati was just 20 days away from becoming Barça's youngest player in LaLiga - that record remains with defender Vicenç Martínez Alama, who made his blaugrana debut aged 16 years, 9 months and 5 days in the 1940s.
Ansu Fati is the fourth youngest player to debut with Barcelona's senior side in official - ahead of him are Albert Almasqué, who was 13 years, 11 month and 6 days old when he appeared for the first team in a Copa Macaya tie against Hispania, Armando Martínez Sagi, a versatile winger who was just 14 when he was called for the first team for a Copa del Rey tie in 1920 and Martínez Alama.
Ansu Fati almost scores on debut
Ansu Fati took to the pitch at Camp Nou when Barça were comfortably 5-1 ahead against Betis. He had been on the pitch just a matter of minutes when he was inches away from scoring what would have been a fairytale first goal for the club - his angled shot on 86 minutes fizzed angonizingly wide of the post.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP