More issues for PSG as Mbappé, Cavani injured against Toulouse
The French and Uruguayan strikers had to leave the field during PSG's game against Toulouse in Ligue 1.
Paris Saint Germain were landed with two new problems on Sunday night along with the ongoing issue of Neymar's fragile position in the club.
On Sunday night, Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappé went off injured against Toulouse at Parc des Princes as the home side ran out 4-0 winners.
The Uruguayan was the first to be subbed off in the 16th minute after suffering a muscle problem. Mbappé lasted an hour but had to retire from the game with a left hamstring injury, it seemed. At the time of the French attacker's injury, PSG were two goals to the good with Choupo-Moting landing the opener and Gonçalves scoring in his own net.
They will have to wait for the coming days to see just how severe both injuries are. Neymar was not called to the squad for Sunday's game despite recovering fully from his ankle injury he suffered during the summer.
Tuchel decided to leave him out until his situation is solved. If Mbappé and Cavani are out for the next game, however, he might call up Neymar as a necessity.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match