More issues for PSG as Mbappé, Cavani injured against Toulouse
The French and Uruguayan strikers had to leave the field during PSG's game against Toulouse in Ligue 1.
Paris Saint Germain were landed with two new problems on Sunday night along with the ongoing issue of Neymar's fragile position in the club.
On Sunday night, Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappé went off injured against Toulouse at Parc des Princes as the home side ran out 4-0 winners.
The Uruguayan was the first to be subbed off in the 16th minute after suffering a muscle problem. Mbappé lasted an hour but had to retire from the game with a left hamstring injury, it seemed. At the time of the French attacker's injury, PSG were two goals to the good with Choupo-Moting landing the opener and Gonçalves scoring in his own net.
They will have to wait for the coming days to see just how severe both injuries are. Neymar was not called to the squad for Sunday's game despite recovering fully from his ankle injury he suffered during the summer.
Tuchel decided to leave him out until his situation is solved. If Mbappé and Cavani are out for the next game, however, he might call up Neymar as a necessity.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid's Takefusa Kubo joins Villarreal on loan
- BUNDESLIGA Jadon Sancho to stay at Borussia Dortmund until 2023 – Zorc
- BARCELONA Pedri: "Real Madrid didn't want to sign me"
- MLS Blaise Matuidi set to join David Beckham's Inter Miami
- Liga MX Chivas to appoint Victor Manuel Vucetich as new coach
- SERIE A Man Utd-linked Meret open to leaving Napoli on loan