James Rodríguez suffers muscle injury
Madrid have confirmed the injury to James Rodríguez soleus muscle and he will likely miss the Villarreal game despite lack of further information on its severity.
Real Madrid have confirmed the muscle injury of James Rodríguez in an official statement on the club's website. The statement reads: "After the tests carried out today on our player James Rodríguez by the Real Madrid Medical Services he has been diagnosed with a muscle injury in the right soleus. His recovery will continue to be assessed."
The Colombian was withdrawn after 57 minutes of the game against Valladolid, which was his first for Real Madrid in over 800 days. He returned late to preseason training after the Copa América and did not play in the preseason. The injury is the ninth for Real Madrid since they started back after their summer holidays.
Awaiting confirmation of how serious the injury is, the Colombian will most likely miss the Villarreal game on Sunday 1 September and will not be available for his country during games against Brazil and Venezuela.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...7 April
- LALIGA Coronavirus: Tebas update on plans to bring LaLiga back
- Spanish football LaLiga plans for closed doors and hectic summer schedule
- Covid-19 Coronavirus peaks in USA, UK and India, when are they expected?
- Coronavirus UK Coronavirus: Boris Johnson's letter to UK households arrives
- Coronavirus Which countries have yet to confirm coronavirus cases?