Eintracht Frankfurt sign €7m Bas Dost as Haller replacement
The Dutch striker has joined Eintracht Frankfurt from Sporting Lisbon to take the place of Sebastien Haller, who moved to West Ham.
Eintracht Frankfurt have signed Bas Dost from Sporting CP for an initial €7million.
The 30-year-old striker has moved to the Bundesliga club on a three-year contract as a replacement for Sebastien Haller, who joined West Ham.
Frankfurt will pay €7m plus variables of up to €500,000, while Sporting will earn 15 per cent of any future sale.
"After the departure of Sebastien Haller, it was important for us to find an adequate replacement, who ideally is experienced and capable of helping us straight away," sporting director Fredi Bobic told the club's website.
"Bas fulfils those criteria and knows the Bundesliga. He's an important addition to our squad with his build and his confidence in the box. His goalscoring record is very strong, and of course we hope he'll be just as clinical for us."
Dost: "I'm a striker who loves to score goals"
Bundesliga defences beware— Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_EN) August 26, 2019
Bas Dost is back pic.twitter.com/dS1fpv0CAB
Dost, who scored 76 goals in 84 league games for Sporting, including 34 in the 2016-17 season, said: "I'm happy to be here and looking forward to my time at Eintracht Frankfurt. I'm a striker who loves to score goals."
Dost previously spent four years in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, scoring 36 Bundesliga goals in 85 games and winning the DFB-Pokal and DFL-Supercup in 2015.
Eintracht were beaten 2-1 by RB Leipzig in their second Bundesliga match of the season on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...