Eintracht Frankfurt sign €7m Bas Dost as Haller replacement
The Dutch striker has joined Eintracht Frankfurt from Sporting Lisbon to take the place of Sebastien Haller, who moved to West Ham.
Eintracht Frankfurt have signed Bas Dost from Sporting CP for an initial €7million.
The 30-year-old striker has moved to the Bundesliga club on a three-year contract as a replacement for Sebastien Haller, who joined West Ham.
Frankfurt will pay €7m plus variables of up to €500,000, while Sporting will earn 15 per cent of any future sale.
"After the departure of Sebastien Haller, it was important for us to find an adequate replacement, who ideally is experienced and capable of helping us straight away," sporting director Fredi Bobic told the club's website.
"Bas fulfils those criteria and knows the Bundesliga. He's an important addition to our squad with his build and his confidence in the box. His goalscoring record is very strong, and of course we hope he'll be just as clinical for us."
Dost: "I'm a striker who loves to score goals"
Bundesliga defences beware— Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_EN) August 26, 2019
Bas Dost is back pic.twitter.com/dS1fpv0CAB
Dost, who scored 76 goals in 84 league games for Sporting, including 34 in the 2016-17 season, said: "I'm happy to be here and looking forward to my time at Eintracht Frankfurt. I'm a striker who loves to score goals."
Dost previously spent four years in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, scoring 36 Bundesliga goals in 85 games and winning the DFB-Pokal and DFL-Supercup in 2015.
Eintracht were beaten 2-1 by RB Leipzig in their second Bundesliga match of the season on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?