Sergio Ramos has his view of where Keylor Navas should play
Keylor and the Real Madrid captain have built up a strong friendship over the years in Spain, and fingers are being crossed that it continues.
There has been lots of talk about the possible exit of Keylor Navas from Real Madrid, with many believing that a move would have been secured as soon as the 2018/19 season had been completed. But, due to Los Blancos' demands and those of the player this has proved very difficult to achieve.
Ramos wants Keylor to stay
Paris Saint-Germain appeared as the front runner to sign the Costa Rican goalkeeper, whether as a straight transfer or as part of Operation Neymar. There have, however, been a number of European clubs linked to the player, including Juventus, Benfica and Porto.
Now it has been reported that a there is a new offer on the table from PSG, but a rather influential member in the Bernabéu dressing room is hopeful that this does not prove fruitful.
Speaking after the 1-1 draw against Valladolid, club captain Sergio Ramos stated his feelings on the matter.
"I want him to stay. Madrid must have two great goalkeepers and Keylor is in the top three," Ramos began. "He is a good goalkeeper and a good friend."
PSG offer 15 million for Keylor
The Ligue 1 champions returned in the race to sign the Costa Rican, quoting an offer of 15 million euros. Despite Madrid asking for at least €20m, if the goalkeeper can indeed form part of the package that brings Neymar to the Spanish capital, then Ramos may have to get used to keeping his friendship long distance.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP