De Bruyne: Kompany will turn things around at Anderlecht
Kevin De Bruyne has backed Vincent Kompany after his difficult start to life as Anderlecht's player-manager.
Vincent Kompany will be a success at Anderlecht if he is given time, according to his former Manchester City team-mate Kevin De Bruyne.
Kompany only needs time - De Bruyne
Kompany became the Belgian club's player-manager during the pre-season, but saw his role change last week after they had taken just two points from their first four games. It was confirmed Kompany will now act as captain on matchdays with first-team coach Simon Davies in charge of tactics, although it did not inspire a reversal in fortunes on Friday, as Anderlecht slipped to a 1-0 defeat to Genk – a game in which Kompany limped off injured. Despite the difficult start, his Belgium team-mate and City midfielder De Bruyne believes he will turn things around.
Some people want to see him fail
"He's been a manager for like two months, so what do you expect? To go there and win every game? It's not like this in football," he told reporters. "I think there's a lot of people who want him to fail, because to do this job, to be player and a manager, some people don't like it. I know Vinny pretty well and he probably won't care what people say about it. I spoke with him a few times, he's enjoying it. The games that I saw I think they're playing really well, they're missing a striker for the moment, but I think he had a very tough job. Obviously he didn't start well in terms of points, but I can understand it a little bit because he is trying to play a style that we did [at City] and obviously we had growing pains, so I can understand that. Football is a business where you get points, but I think he will get time. In Belgium only one is relegated, so I don't think he needs to worry about that! If he gets the time, that will be nice."
Te recomendamos en English
- Ronaldo makes history to keep Pirlo believing in Juve's Scudetto chances
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: updates on relief bill Senate negotiation
- 2021 Tax Filing Tax Return 2021: how long does it take to get refund? Expected dates
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 When will the IRS send out the enhanced Child Tax Credit?
- 2021 Tax Filing How to claim a stimulus check from the IRS on a 2020 tax return
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live