Villarreal: Alberto Moreno out for 8-10 weeks after suffering ankle and calf muscle injury
The Villarreal left-back suffered a serious injury during Monday's training session. It's the defender's second injury since he joined from Liverpool over the summer.
Alberto Moreno's injury woes continue as he tries to rebuild his career with Villarreal. The left-back, who joined on a free transfer from Liverpool over the summer, suffered damage to the joint and ligaments in his right ankle and ruptured the calf muscle in the same leg when lunging for a ball in training this morning. Villarreal medical staff estimate that the defender will be out of action for between 8 and 10 weeks.
It's the latest in a run of bad luck for Moreno who suffered a hamstring injury at the start of the season which stopped him from making his debut for the Submarine in the opening day meeting with Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid