Villarreal: Alberto Moreno out for 8-10 weeks after suffering ankle and calf muscle injury
The Villarreal left-back suffered a serious injury during Monday's training session. It's the defender's second injury since he joined from Liverpool over the summer.
Alberto Moreno's injury woes continue as he tries to rebuild his career with Villarreal. The left-back, who joined on a free transfer from Liverpool over the summer, suffered damage to the joint and ligaments in his right ankle and ruptured the calf muscle in the same leg when lunging for a ball in training this morning. Villarreal medical staff estimate that the defender will be out of action for between 8 and 10 weeks.
It's the latest in a run of bad luck for Moreno who suffered a hamstring injury at the start of the season which stopped him from making his debut for the Submarine in the opening day meeting with Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea vs Tottenham: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Guardiola backs Sterling and predicts total commitment from Man City stars
- Liverpool-Atlético Klopp: Atletico defeat was good because it felt 'really bad'
- BARCELONA LA Galaxy manager responds to Lionel Messi transfer rumours
- LEGANÉS Barcelona: Braithwaite deal "fucked us" says Leganes boss
- BARCELONA Barcelona are not distracted by off-field issues, says Setién