Villarreal: Alberto Moreno out for 8-10 weeks after suffering ankle and calf muscle injury
The Villarreal left-back suffered a serious injury during Monday's training session. It's the defender's second injury since he joined from Liverpool over the summer.
Alberto Moreno's injury woes continue as he tries to rebuild his career with Villarreal. The left-back, who joined on a free transfer from Liverpool over the summer, suffered damage to the joint and ligaments in his right ankle and ruptured the calf muscle in the same leg when lunging for a ball in training this morning. Villarreal medical staff estimate that the defender will be out of action for between 8 and 10 weeks.
It's the latest in a run of bad luck for Moreno who suffered a hamstring injury at the start of the season which stopped him from making his debut for the Submarine in the opening day meeting with Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?