Villarreal: Alberto Moreno out for 8-10 weeks after suffering ankle and calf muscle injury
The Villarreal left-back suffered a serious injury during Monday's training session. It's the defender's second injury since he joined from Liverpool over the summer.
Alberto Moreno's injury woes continue as he tries to rebuild his career with Villarreal. The left-back, who joined on a free transfer from Liverpool over the summer, suffered damage to the joint and ligaments in his right ankle and ruptured the calf muscle in the same leg when lunging for a ball in training this morning. Villarreal medical staff estimate that the defender will be out of action for between 8 and 10 weeks.
It's the latest in a run of bad luck for Moreno who suffered a hamstring injury at the start of the season which stopped him from making his debut for the Submarine in the opening day meeting with Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"